So I’m on a roll with celebrating fall flavors! I don’t know about you, but this is my favorite time of the year, both food-wise and in general. The evenings are cool, the days are still warm. Changing leaves. Well, in Georgia it has still gotten up into the 80s, but I think this is the last week we were seeing those temperatures. There’s hope anyway.
With it being so warm still, I wanted to make something that tasted like Fall, but wasn’t hot – so along came this Fall-inspired slaw! It’s perfect to whip up when you batch cook and the flavors further infuse the longer it stands!
Cinnamon Apple Slaw
- 1 celery root, a bit bigger than a baseball, shredded (I used a food processor)
- 1 apple, shredded (I used a food processor)
- 1.5 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/3 c pomegranate seeds
- Use the shredder tool of your food processor or shred the peeled celery root and apple by hand.
- Mix the ACV, EVO, salt, cinnamon, and honey to form a “dressing”
- Mix the shredded celery root, apple, dressing, and pomegranate seeds in a large bowl. You can leave a few pomegranate seeds for serving, if you wish.
If you’re not already following me, you can like & follow my Facebook & Instagram pages to see my almost-daily updates and subscribe (on the right) to receive an email when I post (NO spam EVER, promise!). Thanks for reading!